Volunteer Requirements with Our Youth:
The Essential Three (E-3’s): Virtus Training, Background Check and Code of Conduct
If you are interested in volunteering:
All employees, and volunteers who interact with minors and/or vulnerable adults, are required to complete and maintain safe environment credentials through the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis before starting. Re-credentialing is required every 3 years while volunteering with minors and/or vulnerable adults.
To ensure successful completion of the requirements, follow the information below before creating your VIRTUS account. If you have an existing VIRTUS account, contact St. Mary’s Office at 763-658-4319, ext 32 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your volunteer position for assistance so your account can be updated prior to login.
Total Time Commitment: Approximately 95 minutes
- Set aside sufficient time to complete all items without logging out. Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented.
- Skipping items, fast-forwarding or backing up may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
- You will:
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen
- Complete the Code of Conduct
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required)
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
- Make sure you keep your login ID and password. Re-credentialing is required every 3 years while volunteering with minors and/or vulnerable adults.
VIRTUS website: www.virtusonline.org
Use Google Chrome browser and allow pop-ups for this website.
For more information on the Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements, visit
For information on reporting abuse, visit:
Victim Assistance Hotline: 651-291-4475
St. Mary’s Parish Safe Environment Coordinator: Tanya Remer 763-658-4319, ext. 32